Tuesday 7 July 2009

One little step forward

Decided to go and hack. Now bearing in mind this is how it all went wrong the first time I am clearly stupid. Anyway went off with harry and had to really belt him to get him out of the gate but he went past all the scary wheelie bins no prob so settled back to relax and enjoy. Got 3/4 way up the lane with no issues and we pulled in to let a bike past.

Well that was it and we needed to go home, span and reared not high but enough. I decided I had enough and wanted to get off then got cross so shortened reins, kicked hard, smacked behind saddle and really rode. Heart was in mouth with how he would react but with a small rear and little jump forward off we went again.

Went out for about 45 mins and led the way most of the way with no further issues. I can't say I enjoyed it and he did test me but we got through it so I am pleased with myself.

Hoping to go to the club tomorrow to hire out the school, will have to see if they can get it booked tomorrow biggrin.gif

2 comments:

  1. oh, well DONE!

    Now you've done it once, you know you can do it again and before you know it, you WILL be enjoying it!!!

    Really need to try and get up and see you before you move ... you around at the weekend by any chance? (assuming i can drive by then!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody well done you! Really proud of you mate :)

    ReplyDelete