Wednesday 8 July 2009

I have a question ....

I decided to practise what we were working on with F on Sunday. So started long and low, stretchy then started picking him up and asking for lateral work and then it all went wrong. I couldn't quite get any of it to work :(

So when schooling is it best to

a) pick one thing and work on it until you get it right

b) work on various different things through the session to get variety but accept you aren't going to get it as good but the horse won't get bored.

c) have a few different things you want to work on but pick different things each session to work?

I just felt like I was accepting 40% of what I know he can do (compared to in lesson) but I do know he was trying hard but just couldn't quite get it right.

I need to get him to move away & more off my leg. He just feels like a block of wood. Also tonight he was getting really strong in my hand - he isn't going anywhere and when I soften my hand and put him on a circle to slow and balance him he responds.

I seem to be expecting perfection don't I and have only been riding him again for a few weeks! I am actually happy I am having this debate!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment