Monday 27 July 2009

bad bad me

Kai was colicy / ulcery today and it makes sense with his behaviour yesterday. After being so good until yesterday he did do a little bunny hope when I got on but I ignored it.

I have changed his hay through being to lazy to go and collect the stuff he is used to and had some ordered in with the rest of the yard. It is lovely green new hay all fluffy and tasty. I noticed yesterday he had eaten all hay both morning and lunch by the time I got down at 2pm but thought he was a greedy pig. Anyway it appears it is 1) too rich and 2) he is eating in at a rate on knots so he is going from 2pm with rich grass in his belly and nothing to eat to keep his acid down. So so so cross with myself banghead.gif He was really bloated tonight and had rubbed all his tail out again. YO also mentioned he had been not quite right at lunchtime and she had noticed how much wind he had so it all add up = bad mummy.

To top it off I had run out of pink powder and thought would do a big shop at the weekend for when we move so clearly the combination has made Kai feel a bit poorly again.

So pissed off - was supposed to be having a good last week and getting as much confidence as I can but the best made plans and all that. I'm hoping Hannah may be able to work her magic and get on him and I am chucking as much crap hay down his neck as I can. managed to buy some pink powder so have him on double dose. goodvibes.gif he gets back to normal soon

No comments:

Post a Comment